The Great International Chicken Wing Society Cook-off
Friday, August 23 — Sunday, August 25 • 2013
The original 12th annual Great International Chicken Wing Society Cook-Off is pleased to announce new cookers this year:
• Jazz-A Louisiana Kitchen, located on Scheels Drive in the Sparks Marina, is coming on board with an exciting new sauce.
• A cooker from the Kalin Valley in Oahu, Hawaii will be sharing his wings from his booth, the Aloha Shack.
• There will be a new entrant from Las Vegas, the Wing King, who has over sixty different sauces.
Annual returnee cookers include:
• OnStreet Concessions from Sparks is back with their trophy-winning Parmesan Garlic Sauce.
• Gourmet-to-Go Catering is back in the hunt.
• The trophy-winning Red Neck BBQ from Reno.
• An annual returnee vendor, Tropic Hut, has decided to get in the game as a cooker this year.
If interested in being a Chicken Hawk ("taster"), be sure to get to the Hen House early on the first day of the cook-off, Friday, August 23rd to sign up and get a chance to try free wings.
• Friday, August 23
4 pm — 8 pm
Moses Malone - Eclectic versions of blues and funk songs, with splashes of jazz and reggae
• Saturday, August 24 and Sunday, August 25
4 pm — 8 pm
Red Hot Smokin’ Aces - Country, oldies and pop chart toppers
Come celebrate summer and enjoy the finest chicken wings from a wide variety of vendors, live music and entertainment, and an Artist Craft Faire. Awards for the best chicken wing cooks will take place on Sunday, August 25 at 2 pm. The event will take place daily from 10 am – 8 pm in the Atlantis West Parking Lot. For more information, please call 775.233.4757.
[REMOVE THIS - BEGIN]
META Summary: Come celebrate summer and enjoy the finest chicken wings from a wide variety of vendors, live music and entertainment, and an Artist Craft Faire. Awards for the best chicken wing cooks will take place...